Monday, May 4, 2009

Special K Chocolatey Delight

Soooooooooooo, I was suckered into buying a box of this cereal recently. The advertising for it especially on T.V. was ingenious. Plus, I love chocolate. However, I have some hard, fast rules about breakfast cereal with "chocolate" anywhere in the name in some form or another. There are certain things I have come to expect when a cereal advertises as being chocolate or cocoa. The big rule is this: when I am done eating the cereal any milk left in the bowl will be chocolate milk.

You may imagine my colossal disappointment when I finished my very first bowl of Special K Chocolatey Delight to discover the milk in the bottom of the bowl was still just plain old milk with a few hunks of less than excellent chocolate chunks submerged in what was left. I was underwhelmed to say the least and the 8 year old girl that still resides in me was almost in tears. No chocolate milk. I looked sadly into the bowl and very nearly vowed a vow to eat no more of the cereal. It could rot in the cupboard for all I cared.

The next morning as I sleepily packed my husband's lunch for work, I had an inspiration with regard to the cereal! I was so excited. I whipped out the box of Special K Chocolately Delight and poured myself another bowl. I positively danced over to the fridge and got out the milk. I poured it over the cereal and then I reached for my inspiration: Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix to the rescue! I sprinkled a very generous teaspoon or so over the cereal. I sat down and ate the cereal and with a triumphant TA-DA to my 8 year old self I beheld a beautiful sight! CHOCOLATE MILK! I was happy the entire rest of the day and the little girl inside was too and let me tell you she is far more difficult to please than I am.

No comments: